Re: Automatically Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Automatically Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:02:16 -0800

On Nov 27, 2007 9:54 AM, Olly Betts <address@hidden> wrote:

> In fact, none of the real examples I have to hand fit into the mould of
> a collection of implicit rules with a common basename.
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly

Just to toss a couple more pennies into the pot, I am currently working
on a poject that has one command that coalesces a bunch of information
about the overall project and produces these files:

creating include/evlib-enum.h
creating include/sw_tp-evt-macros.h
creating include/sw_pd-evt-macros.h
creating include/sw_sysmgr-evt-macros.h
creating umod/em_lib/evlib-tables.c
creating umod/em_lib/evlib-tables.h

with many more of the *-evt-macros.h files to come.  :)

Cheers - Bruce