Re: creating shared libraries

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: creating shared libraries
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:17:11 +0200

* address@hidden wrote on Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 06:27:00PM CEST:

> Yes, It works. And I found another solution: using Libtool Convenience
> Libraries. Firstly create some .la files in subdirectories, then create
> the wanted .la file on the upper directory.

Yes, that is a possibility.

> But I have 2 new problems now:
> 1. My solution works well. But the names of the objective files are changed.
> For example, vector.c file is compiled to libutil_la-vector.o file not
> vector.o file. How to change the name to vector.o ?

Object file names are an internal detail of Automake.  You should not
need to know them, and the name should normally not matter.  Automake
may rename objects for several reasons, see:
<http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#renamed-objects>.

> 2. I have to write Makefiles in every subdirectories, and specify them in
> the configure.ac file. It is boring. Is that necessary?

Yes.  You can use a script to do that, if it helps you.

Cheers,
Ralf