Re: help, automake generated a buggy Makefile?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: help, automake generated a buggy Makefile?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:07:01 +0200

Hello Steven,

* Steven Woody wrote on Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 05:51:45AM CEST:

>     AC_INIT( [ motconv ], [ 0.1 ], [ address@hidden ] )
>     AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE( [ -Wall -Werror foreign ] )
>     AC_PROG_RANLIB
>     AC_PROG_CXX
>     AC_PROG_INSTALL
>     AC_LANG_PUSH([C++])
>     AC_CHECK_HEADERS([limits])
>     AC_LANG_POP
>     AC_CONFIG_HEADER( configure.h )
>     AC_CONFIG_FILES( [ Makefile test/Makefile ])
>     AC_OUTPUT

Please drop all the trailing white space, it makes a difference.  That
is, you should write at most
  AC_INIT([motconv], [0.1], address@hidden)

because right now, the name of your package is " motconv " with version
" 0.1 ", and so on, and that will lead to subtle issues later.  They
don't have to do with the issue you reported, though.

For that, I can only test it myself later.  For now, please post the
output of  "grep -C2 TESTS Makefile.in" of the Makefile.in from which
AllTests.exe is built, thanks.

Cheers,
Ralf