Re: Overriding all commands in Makefile.am

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: Overriding all commands in Makefile.am
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:59:25 +0200

On 8/10/07, NightStrike <address@hidden> wrote:
> For a particular project, there are a handful of .c files that need to
> be compiled to .o files and installed as .o files, not linked into any
> executable.  I came up with this ugly workaround:

How about something like:

startupdir = $(libdir)/nightstrike

# Abusing the notion of "scripts" here...
startup_SCRIPTS = crt1.o crt2.o crtspecialflags.o

crtspecialflags_o_CFLAGS = $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) -fspecial-flag

Then you let make figure out how to build the objects from C sources
via the implicit .c.o: rule.