Re: Library locations

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: Library locations
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 14:27:07 -0400

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 03:49 +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
> In automake.am, i have:
>
>    System_LTLIBRARIES = system.la
>    system_la_SOURCES = modules/System/system.c
>    system_la_LDFLAGS = -module
>
> This compiles ok. However, it puts system.la in the top level src directory.
>

> I want it to be like:
>
>    System_LTLIBRARIES = modules/System/system.la
>    modules_System_system_la_SOURCES = modules/System/system.c
>    modules_System_system_la_LDFLAGS = -module
>

> That makes "modules/System/system.la" ok, but it still puts
> system.o and system.lo in the top level src directory.

Look again. That's entirely inconsistent with my experience with
automake's (1.10) behavior. The object file generated from the above
should be "modules/System/modules_System_system_la-system.lo".

> That means the program won't work in the uninstalled state,
> because dlopen is looking for system.o as modules/System/system.o.

That seems unlikely. dlopen should be looking for system.so. I don't
imagine it cares about the location of system.o.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>