Re: How do I write a configure.ac file to default sysconfdir to /etc?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: How do I write a configure.ac file to default sysconfdir to /etc?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:10:34 -0700

Jim Lynch wrote:
> I'd really like a way to enable this for specific applications, not
> as a site default. ... ... ...  If not, I'll just have to go back to
> my cludgy way of adding my own rules to copy it to a hard coded
> /etc, (Ugh).

What I do is to keep a configure.sh script in the parent directory
with all of the options that I want specified.  Then when configuring
those special applications I run the script.  This makes it more
self-documenting what I am doing and I can remember it later.

Example "../configure.sh" script:

  #!/bin/sh -x
  PATH=/usr/local/build/coreutils/bin:$PATH
  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/build/coreutils "$@"

Then in my build directory:

  sh ../configure.sh
  make
  make check
  make install

In your case you would want to set --sysconfdir=/etc.  Something like
this:

  #!/bin/sh -x
  ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc "$@"

Bob