Re: Python files installation

From: Benoit Sigoure
Subject: Re: Python files installation
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:24:21 +0100

Quoting Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden>:

Hi,

Since I already require autotools (there are also .cpp files in my
program), I decided to use them also for installing Python parts
instead of writing `setup.py'.  However, including files in
`python_PYTHON' primary causes all paths to be flattened, while I
want my Python sources be nicely organized in a tree of packages.
Is there a way to do it with Autotools or should use Pythonic
installation tools instead?

I.e.

 python_PYTHON = foo/bar/baz.py foo/baz/test.py

causes files `baz.py' and `test.py' be installed together in
${python_prefix}/site-packages/

Paul

P.S. I would really hate to add `Makefile.in' to each Python
    sources tree directory if that is required...

Hi,
I think you should use nobase_python_PYTHON instead, see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Alternative.html#Alternative

Cheers,

--
SIGOURE Benoit aka Tsuna