Re: adding libraries and header file directories

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: adding libraries and header file directories
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:22:15 +0100

Hello Jim,

* Jim Rainville wrote on Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 06:14:49PM CET:

> I tried adding the --preserver-dup-deps flag in several different ways.
> But for some reason it doesn't end up on the link line. I tried adding
> it to the front of the LD flags but I'm guessing this is a flag to
> libtool instead of to the linker. How do you add flags to libtool? Is
> there a special macro to do this?

If you are using Automake 1.10, then you can put this in LIBTOOLFLAGS
(as user) or AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS (as developer).

But just for testing, please go into the right directory and simply
issue the link command line manually, with --preserve-dup-deps added.
And post what happens.  Thing is, this switch isn't as "helpful" as
one would think at first, and I would like to know if that is the
case in your case or not.  :-)

If it's not, then we will look further.

Cheers,
Ralf