Re: /my/bin/aclocaldir

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: /my/bin/aclocaldir
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:51:58 +0200

Hi Guido,

* Guido Draheim wrote on Wed, May 24, 2006 at 08:39:34AM CEST:
> Stepan Kasal wrote:
> > On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 03:17:23AM +0200, Guido Draheim wrote:
> >> [...] I am making it up as a patch over standard 'aclocal' - it just
> >> adds a few options that imitate automake options "-a" and "-c".
> >
> > the CVS version of aclocal has an option --install which is very
> > similar to this.  Does it meet your needs?
>
> Almost.
> (a) Can't go and install cvs version everywhere.
>     Some patch over current distributed automake is a nice thing.

Well, then a patch to do what Automake-1.10 will do would be more
consistent and less disruptive, right?

> (b) Cvs version does a plain copy of the file - a symlink does
>     tell me which version was picked / where it is / and makes
>     faster turnarounds when making up ac macros.

Sounds like a good idea.  Could you be bothered to post a patch to
implement this (on top of the current CVS version)?

> (c) Looking at the cvs version I doubt that it will work as
>     there is a missing m4_include in the $install else path.

I don't see this at a glance -- care to point out where this is?

Cheers, and thanks,
Ralf