Re: how to something from the configure script into one of the test prog

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: how to something from the configure script into one of the test programs?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:21:37 -0600

Ed Hartnett wrote:
> To accommodate this on machines with disk quotas, I want to allow the
> user to specify to configure a directory in which large files can be
> created during testing.

You might look into just having the user set TMPDIR (or through your
configure option) to the directory for holding large files.  Example:

  TMPDIR=/var/tmp mktemp -t myprog.XXXXXXXX
  /var/tmp/myprog.XXGWXbMk

By setting TMPDIR a lot of programs will already automatically use it
for temporary files.  It may allow you to avoid a lot of pervasive
changes through your code.

Bob