how to make "make all" and "make distcheck" *both* work???

From: Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject: how to make "make all" and "make distcheck" *both* work???
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 14:33:42 +0200

Hi,

I have a small test project that has both a library and an executable
(that uses that library) that I am using to try learn the GNU auto build
tools on Debian Etch. I can get either "make all" work *or "make
distcheck" work for the executable but not both, because I cannot get
the include paths correct.

Project structure:

root
|-----exe main.cpp config.h

+-----lib hello.hpp hello.cpp config.h

"make all" works if I use "AM_CPPFLAGS = -I ../lib" in the Makefile.am
of the exe, but than "make distcheck" does not work (hello.hpp cannot be
found)

"make distcheck" works if I use "AM_CPPFLAGS = -I ../../../lib" in the
Makefile.am of the exe, but than "make all" does not work (hello.hpp
cannot be found).

Can anyone give me a hint or a complet working example that is just as
simple as my example (For the full source:
http://petitbonum.askesis.nl/yatsuite-0.0.1.tar.gz)??

TIA

Joost