Re: makeinfo problem

From: Thomas Porschberg
Subject: Re: makeinfo problem
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:05:22 +0200

Am Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:41:07 +0200
schrieb Stepan Kasal <address@hidden>:

> Hello,
>   a quick answer, you might get a better one from Karl, the
> maintainer.
>
> > which version of makeinfo introduced HTML support ? I think
> > we have to check in configure if the makeinfo tool is able the
> > handle the --html option.
>
> well, I think lot of work was done with --html recently, so it might
> be a good idea of the ./configure accepts only makeinfo >= 4.8.

I don't know if the user then need a bleeding edge distribution ?!

> (If you want to loweer that bound, test the previous releases; you
> seem to have prooved that 4.5 is not usable.)
>
> If this restrictions might cause a problem to you, please consider
> distributing the generated HTML files, so that users can install
> the html manual.

My initial problem does only occur when I start the build not in the
project tree(what I usually do).
exmample: <project-root>/build_static and call from
there ../configure

When the project is configured directly in <project-root> the
problem disappeared. This could be a hint for users of the tar-ball.

However I found another problem with 4.5 the "headitem" is an unknown
command. But that is really another problem, I will simply avoid the
command.

Thomas