Re: top level make file with deep dir struct demo

From: Matt Hull
Subject: Re: top level make file with deep dir struct demo
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:55:45 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > Which version of automake are you using? The error indicates you might
> > > be using an outdated version (current is 1.9.6).
>
> > i am also testing on an older system that cannot be upgraded,  how would i
> > write a toplevel make file for that ?
>
> This feature is only supported in newer automakes (IIRC, since 1.9). It
> doesn't work with older versions of automake.
>
> Ralf

my old test system is:

autoconf version 2.13
automake version 1.4

not my primary computer, just a test one.  can not be upgraded.

so...  i suppose i have to use the recursive make files then.  i was
trying too get that working so i could get this going... and i am getting
an undefined reference to gtk1.

make dist was working at one point, now that fails.  i think i tired to
much stuff that i found on google..  get lost with this.

here is the source for my demo if you want to look at that.

icarus.cc.uic.edu/~mhull1/mydemo.tar.gz

thanks

matt