Re: problem with automake

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: problem with automake
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 15:59:20 +0100

Hi Adnan,

* Adnan Shaheen wrote on Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:28:01AM CET:

> I wrote a manual makefile and it compiles every thing without any problem.
> Than I used the automake and compiled the same project, with one file
> that was used to seek on hard disk, it gives me the following error.
>
> "can not find a register class "BREG" while reloading asm"
>
> What is this error and why occurring with automake, and why not with
> manual makefile.
>
> If any body requires I can send both the make files and the code as well.

Well, most likely you are in the best position to debug this.
Find the object to be compiled at which the build failed.
Compare the command lines generated by both your Makefile
and the automake-generated one.  Analyze differences.
If you use config.h (autoheader), look at differences there.

If you don't know any further, post the compile command that
is failing, maybe together with a very small example of the
source that still exposes the problem.

This is likely not an Automake problem at all, but I can't
tell who is at fault.

Cheers,
Ralf