Re: Generating Makefile.in's for specific target platforms (os, cpu)

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: Generating Makefile.in's for specific target platforms (os, cpu)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:18:51 +0000

BRM wrote:
> (I am limited to the version numbers below because MSYS won't
> compile & pass certain important tests for a newer autoconf, so
> I can't build a newer automake. Any how...)

Eh???  Frode reported here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=13962147

that the current release versions of both autoconf and automake
can be built OOTB, with MinGW/MSYS.  Also, autoconf 2.59 and
automake 1.9.5 can be installed using the mingwPORTs, available
from the MinGW download pages on SourceForge:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/autoconf-2.59-mingwPORT.tar.bz2?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/automake-1.9.5-mingwPORT.tar.bz2?download

You really shouldn't need to persist with the obsolete versions
you are using.

Regards,
Keith.