Re: make depend problem with hello_SOURCES = ${SRCDIR}/hello.c

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: make depend problem with hello_SOURCES = ${SRCDIR}/hello.c
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:39:44 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 04:03:36PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Anyway, the way the rule is now, if $LN_S is `cp', source files in
> $(INTERFACE_DIR) newer than in `.' will not get copied, which is bad.

well, I supposed that the development happens on system with symlinks.
The fallbacks for LN_S are there to enable one time build on hosts with
limited ability.

> > > And yes: I for one have neither the time, nor the ability, nor access
> > > to make changes to GNU Automake.
> >
> > Which all boils down to having time and perhaps also interest.
> > With enough time, you'd easily get the ability and submit the patch to
> > the GNATS database.  ;-)
>
> It's IMVHO a bad idea to take bug submitting away from the user actually
> experiencing the problem.  At least in general, for several reasons.

I meant:
If you had enough time, you'd acquire the ability to hack Automake, you'd
prepare a patch for the bug we are discussing, and then you'd attach it
to the bug report in the bugs database.
(I kind of supposed that the bug report would be already there.)

That's why it all boils down to having time.

I admit that my previous statement was confused.

Stepan