question about test dependencies on libraries in makefile.am

From: Ed Hartnett
Subject: question about test dependencies on libraries in makefile.am
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:28:38 -0600

Howdy all!

I have a library that I am building with Automake and Libtool, which
are really wonderful and helpful tools.

I have a slew of test programs, and my Makefile.am contains something
like this:

# These programs are all built for make check in this directory.
check_PROGRAMS = tst_nc_converts tst_h_files tst_h_atts tst_h_vars \

<snip...>

# Each program depends on its C file and tests.h.
tst_nc_converts_SOURCES = tst_nc_converts.c tests.h
tst_h_files_SOURCES = tst_h_files.c tests.h
tst_h_atts_SOURCES = tst_h_atts.c tests.h
tst_h_vars_SOURCES = tst_h_vars.c tests.h

<snip...>

It's a long list, and I am wondering if there is any easy way to
specify that they *all* depend on tests.h, instead of listing it for
each.

Thanks!

Ed

--