Re: Running ./config.status

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Running ./config.status
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:04:10 +0100

>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

 Paul> So these days, I suspect that SHELL != CONFIG_SHELL mismatch is the
 Paul> greatest problem here.

Actually it's rather the converse :)  The two variables are equal
(configure does SHELL=${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh}), and this has
caused some problem in the past (not to config.status, of course).

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2004-04/msg00094.html

I don't know if these problems are still as acute as they were.
IIRC this discussion was triggered by the shell selection
routines in CVS Autoconf at this date, and they have changed a
bit.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz