missing is called when trying to compile

From: JRBCAST
Subject: missing is called when trying to compile
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:05:11 +0100

Hi all,

First of all, sorry for sending this mail to both automake and
autoconf lists but I don't know which one corresponds to this topic.

Well, I am adding autotools functionality to our project. I have been
able to build everithing correctly but, sometimes, when trying to
build the library on other systems and after invoking make it fails:

/sjors_tmp/NewXmipp>make
cd . && /bin/sh /u/bioinfo/bioinfo/sjors_tmp/NewXmipp/missing --run
aclocal-1.9 -I m4
/u/bioinfo/bioinfo/sjors_tmp/NewXmipp/missing[46]: aclocal-1.9:  not
found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.9' is missing on your system.  You should only
need
it if
          you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.ac'.  You might
want
          to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.  Grab them
from
          any GNU archive site.
  cd . && /bin/sh /u/bioinfo/bioinfo/sjors_tmp/NewXmipp/missing --run
automake-1.9 --gnu

and much more. I don't know where this fail comes from as all the
needed files are there. aclocal.m4, Makefiles (in,am) configure.ac...
What is going on?, Do I need to distribute extra files? Is not this
system supposed to work without the need of autotools presence?.

Thanks in advance.