Re: svn copy conflicts with autotools ?

From: Eric PAIRE
Subject: Re: svn copy conflicts with autotools ?
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:42:16 +0100

I already thought that this was the good solution, but I have always been puzzled by the fact that I never see it yet implemented (such as in gnu projects). I agree on everything, but you have to make these generated files ignored to your versioning
system, and there should be a way to remove them easily.

It this solution is so obvious, I don't understand why autotools developers have not already set up a tool which automatically removes the files generated by the autotools
(perhaps this tool exists and I don't know about).

Thanks,
Eric
P.S. The problem is less important with CVS, because CVS keeps modification dates
(which generates others problems in the versioning system)