Re: Directory where the standard headers were found?

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Directory where the standard headers were found?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:39:36 +0200

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 10:06, Michael Ressel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> i'm using AC_HEADER_STDC in my configure.in to check for the standard
> headers.... Now i want to check for other header files via
> AC_CHECK_HEADER(...) in the same directory the standard header files
> were found by AC_HEADER_STDC.

This is what already happens.

>  Is there a possibility to get the
> directory where the standard header files were found?

No, because headers are searched on a search path (Note: It's a path not
a single directory), implicitly specified by the compiler/preprocessor.
Autoconf has no notion about this search path. It simply checks, if the
compiler/prepressor is able to compile files using a particular header.

Ralf