Using automake to install config.sub and config.guess

From: William S Fulton
Subject: Using automake to install config.sub and config.guess
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 22:42:58 +0100

We are using AC_CANONICAL_HOST which requires config.sub and config.guess. We'd like to pick these files up from automake which regularly updates these on each automake release. We are using automake but not libtool so can't use libtoolize which is able to install them. Also

  automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing

seems to only add these 2 files when using libtool. Is there a way to get automake to add these two files during the bootstrap stage (when running autogen.sh) without using Libtool?

Thanks
William