Re: Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:02:20 +0100

>>> "Oren" == Oren Ben-Kiki <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Oren> I think it would make a good side note to the
 Oren> documentation - either saying it is limited to GNU Make,
 Oren> or explaining why it doesn't work (even though the manual
 Oren> implies it should).

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've appended the following paragraph.

   For completeness it should be noted that GNU `make' is able to
express rules with multiple output files using pattern rules (*note
Pattern Rule Examples: (make)Pattern Examples.).  We do not discuss
pattern rules here because they are not portable, but they can be
convenient in packages that assume GNU `make'.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz