Re: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE Call in Automake 1.7

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE Call in Automake 1.7
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:48:18 -0500

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 11:09:34AM -0800, Drummonds, Scott B wrote:
> I had successfully
> rerun aclocal [1.7] before generating this error message.
>
> So, I do believe that this error is occuring because of configure.in.

I'm not sure, but I think another possibility might be that the
right aclocal program is still finding the old 1.4 macros.  I
don't know how to check for that, but take a look at aclocal.m4,
to see if you can find anything that indicates which version of
the Automake-related macros aclocal picked up.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau