Changing mkinstalldirs to avoid using mkdir -p

From: Nathanael Nerode
Subject: Changing mkinstalldirs to avoid using mkdir -p
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:42:29 -0500

This came up while working on GCC.  I'd like to offer this patch to
mkinstalldirs so that it works as expected.  Also, GCC would prefer that any
local changes get upstream.  :-)

If I need to do anything special copyright-wise, let me know.  Alternatively,
rather than commenting the stuff out, you could just delete it, which would
obviate all copyright issues.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
US citizens: if you're considering voting for Bush, look at these first: