Re: RFC: doc for `Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs'

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: RFC: doc for `Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs'
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:05:52 +0100

 > Personally, I positively *like* "witness" - it describes what it is
 > in a colourful way.

For the records, this is the official English word for the same
concept in logic.  A witness of an existential quantifier \exists
x. P(x) is precisely a t such that P(t).  So I believe witness is
perfect for the current job.

I remember we had a similar debate for Autoconf years ago.  I can't
remember the point though.  Any witness?