Re: Non-recursive make & intermediate objects

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Non-recursive make & intermediate objects
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:50:23 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Robert Collins wrote:

> subdir_objects in your automake options.
>
> Problem is, there is a design headache that makes recursive clean fail
> with this approach - I forget the bug #, but it's on my todo, waay down
> there :p.

Ahhh, subdir-objects.  Since this is so important to non-recursive
makes, it would be useful if it was referenced in the "An Alternative
Approach to Subdirectories" section of the documentation.

Please move the clean bug up in the priority level.  Automake has a
non-recursive user now. :-)

I suspect/believe that libtool will have some problems as well.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden