Re: please confirm / bitte bestaetigen

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: please confirm / bitte bestaetigen
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:53:07 -0400

I've even submitted a request to address@hidden asking that they trash all mail containing an attachment of your_details.zip. The bounce with fictitious From header is how this DoS virus spreads. The bounce either leaves the attachments in tact, or embodies them in the email. I'm sending requests to all smtp providers I receive a bounce notice from asking them to consider not bouncing the virus mail. Join together in this and perhaps we can end the participation of the smtp providers in the DoS.

Earnie.

Russ Allbery wrote:
Thomas E Dickey <address@hidden> writes:

perhaps someone should unsubscribe him

He isn't subscribed.  He got a virus purporting to be from
address@hidden  Looks like Sobig.E.

These days, it's almost getting to the point where one has to put a virus
filter in front of any autoresponder, or you end up sending a ton of
autoresponses to people who never mailed you.