OT: Re: please confirm / bitte bestaetigen

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: OT: Re: please confirm / bitte bestaetigen
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:19:17 +0200

Thomas E. Dickey schrieb:
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Peter Simons' Anti-Spam-Tool wrote:

                        ----- English -----

Because I receive several dozen spam messages each day, I installed a
small tool that will defer incoming mail message if it comes from an
address it sees for the first time. This is the case with the message
you sent me, I'm afraid.

perhaps someone should unsubscribe him

BTW, these tools don't help much anyway - it was fashionable in the last
months to use these tools and some spammers noticed that (hey, they get
replies!). Some do autoreplies on "please confirm", some others choose
forged sender adresses for one-time spam mailings. At the moment it seems
there is only one good barrier, and spam assasin is even easier to install.

cheers,
-- guido                                http://ac-archive.sf.net
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X-