Convenience lib puzzle

From: Robin Rowe
Subject: Convenience lib puzzle
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:34:44 -0700

Hi. I have a shared library libfoo (in directory foo) that had some of its
source files moved (into subdirectory foo/bar) to help make the code easier
to manage. However, I'm having trouble linking libbar back into libfoo. Both
libfoo and libbar build ok. But, libfoo isn't pulling in the definitions
from libbar convenience library. When I link the main program it complains
that the libbar symbols are undefined in libfoo.

What should I set in foo/Makefile.am to indicate I want libbar static linked
into libfoo so that everything seems the same as before with the old
libfoobar.so?

I've already tried 'libfoo_la_LIBADD = ./bar/libbar.la'.

Thanks!

Robin
address@hidden   Hollywood, California
www.CinePaint.org   Free motion picture and still image editing software