Syntax error in configure script on Irix

From: Daniel
Subject: Syntax error in configure script on Irix
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:56:13 +0100

Hi,

I tried to build OpenCV (http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/) for
linux on Irix 6.5. I'm not sure if that will work, but my problems appeared
earlier than the make command.

The versions of the GNU tools on the system is:
automake - 1.7
autoconf - 2.57
libtool - 1.4.3
make - 3.80

Shell is bash version 2.05

There is one headerfile that the configurescript searches for in the wrong
place so if I change that line in configure.in and then run autoreconf or
autoconf and then configure I get the following error:

./configure[9212]: syntax error at line 9342 : `for' unmatched

And when trying to rebuild the script without changing anything in any file
and then run configure I get the same error.

[lines 9335 - 9346 in configure]
#define HAVE_PNG
_ACEOF

        IMAGELIBS="-lpng $IMAGELIBS"
        LIBS="-lpng $LIBS"

for ac_func in png_get_valid png_set_tRNS_to_alpha
do
as_ac_var=`echo "ac_cv_func_$ac_func" | $as_tr_sh`
echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for $ac_func" >&5
echo $ECHO_N "checking for $ac_func... $ECHO_C" >&6
[...]

/Daniel