Re: Archives and/or Java

From: Simon Richter
Subject: Re: Archives and/or Java
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:27:34 +0100

Alexandre,

[Option 1: .jar files are libraries; Option 2: .jar files are archives]

> Eiter ways, even both together, sound fine to me.  The former
> seems a lot simpler to implement (*), but if you are
> volunteering to implement the second...

Well, #2 seems a bit cleaner to me, especially...

> (*) I'm assuming _LIBRARIES and _LTLIBRARIES have been merged
> first.

... since jars would be an exception then, since they are not built with
libtool as all other libraries are.

> This shouldn't be too hard to do, and actually I'd like
> to do it, but it's unclear whether I'll have enought time to
> commit to this before before mid-march.

Me neither ATM, since I have evil exams coming up. I'm going to keep my
CVS tree current, but that's all.

   Simon

--
GPG Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4