automake 1.6 on solaris

From: Thomas Vander Stichele
Subject: automake 1.6 on solaris
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:39:22 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm trying to get GStreamer to autogen properly on Solaris, but automake
fails.

I get a lot these warnings:

configure.ac:425: invalid unused variable name: `GST_PLUGIN_LDFLAGS'

And using -v I see that these are caused by a bunch of Makefile.am files
where that variable indeed is not used.  Only, it is used in all of the
others.

So it seems that automake 1.6 on solaris cannot deal with variables that
get used in some of the Makefile.am files.

I don't have this problem on linux with 1.6 - no error return, and no
warnings printed.

Is there any way I can fix this ? How should I use variables ins ome
Makefile.am's, but not in all ?

Thanks,
Thomas

The girl that I could never hurt
had to go and lose all that power over me
and I claimed victory
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->