Re: Generating two binaries

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Generating two binaries
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:29:31 -0700

Wei Qin wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I need to generate two binaries from the same source code. The
> difference of the two are only compile time macro definitions. I need one
> version with  "-DNO_PAGE_CACHE" and the other version without.
>
>         What should I do in Makefile.am in order to generate the two?

For two separate executables:

  http://www.gnu.org/manual/automake/html_node/automake_32.html#SEC32

Otherwise, if you are referring to object code:

  mumble-flag.o : mumble-flag.c
  mumble-flag.c : mumble.c
        ( echo '#define NO_PAGE_CACHE 1' ; \
          echo '#include "mumble.c"' ) > $@

crude but effective.

Say, Tom, is there a FAQ for this?  I don't see a faq
reference in http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/

Bruce Korb <first initial + last name at gnu dot org>
AG URL: http://autogen.sourceforge.net