Re: auto-regenerating Makefile.in and Makefile files

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: auto-regenerating Makefile.in and Makefile files
Date: 09 Jul 2002 12:01:32 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> BTW, Automake still does not take full advantage of the current
Akim> config.status.  It could perfectly well have foo/Makefile have a
Akim> trampoline to top_builddir/Makefile which would recreate all the
Akim> obsolete Makefile (and config.h etc.) at once:

How do we know which ones are out of date?
We could just always run `./config.status' and rebuild everything.
We've always avoided that on performance and historical grounds.

Tom