Help with automake/autoconf

From: Andrew Li
Subject: Help with automake/autoconf
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 00:11:24 -0800 (PST)

I am newbie in using automake/autoconf programs.

I am running into the following problem. Any help is really appreciated

I initially had a working system in my machine, with autoconf version 2.13

Then when I created new source(.c) files in my tree, I read the documentation

to generate new makefiles. It says to modify the Makefile.am file and then

run automake. Since I did not have automake in my machine, I had to install

the latest version of automake. During the process I was asked to install

autoconf version 2.52 or later. So had to get version 2.52.

Now I ran

automake, followed by

autoconf

which gives me the following error:

configure.in:17: error: possibly undefined macro: dnl

I am doing somethin wrong. Any help is really appreciated.

thanks

AL

Do You Yahoo!?