Re: Pre-hook?

From: Samuel Meder
Subject: Re: Pre-hook?
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:42:23 -0600

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Samuel> I'm looking for a way to make automake to hit a custom target
> Samuel> the first thing it does (eg something that is like all-local,
> Samuel> but gets executed before anything else). Is there a simple way
> Samuel> of achieving this?
>
> Right now I suppose you could abuse BUILT_SOURCES to do this.
> Why do you need to do this?

I've been working a bit at converting openssl to use auto tools for
the build process and since I want to avoid touching source code as
much as possible I had to find a way to set up links between header
files in the source directories and $(top_srcdir)/include/openssl
before building anything. Since I currently have to use automake 1.4 I
couldn't really use BUILT_SOURCES (would have been nice). In the end I
solved it by adding a makefile that does the linking in
include/openssl and putting that directory before anything else in the
toplevel makefile.

/Sam