Re: Newbie: "undefined reference" error; cannot link to existing library

From: platter
Subject: Re: Newbie: "undefined reference" error; cannot link to existing library
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:54:24 -0600

Thanks Alexandros and Alexandre for the suggestions.

What finally wound up making it work is the following, if anyone is interested:

libtool gcc -g -o test second.c -lpthread /usr/local/lib/libsmdi.la

For now I am happy with anything that gets it to work, but I would like to
eventually be able to build libraries in a way that by linking to them,
any libraries that they require (in this case, pthreads) are automatically
linked also.  I will pose this question to the libtool list and see what
happens.

Thanks again,

John