Re: AC_INIT translates PACKAGE to lower case

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_INIT translates PACKAGE to lower case
Date: 01 Feb 2002 12:33:09 +0100

>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:

Ralf> Am Don, 2002-01-31 um 17.27 schrieb Russ Allbery:
>> [...]
>>
>> For the same reason a leading `GNU ' is stripped: because for most
>> packages this is the way to transform a package name into a tarball
>> name.
>>
>> `GNU Autoconf' => `autoconf'
Ralf> Hmm, do I really need to like this?

Ralf> IMHO, this is equally bad and error-prone as lowercasing. Why
Ralf> not letting program authors/maintain decide upon this?

What the heck is your point?

I don't care you like it or not.  What matters is that *you* can do
what you want, which is the case.  What is your point about default
values?  As `defaults' they will not please everybody, and never meant
to.

Open your eyes: we never impose anything to anyone.  You're fighting
for your notion of default to be the new default.  That makes us
advance _a lot_ sure!