Re: building same source with different flag

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: building same source with different flag
Date: 01 Jan 2002 16:13:35 -0700

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

adl> I can reproduce your problem by manually setting compiler_c_o and
adl> compiler_o_lo to "no" in the libtool script generated for a
adl> pet-project.  So ...

adl> As an immediate work-around, you can prevent `depcomp' to add
adl> this "fatal" last argument by configuring your package with
adl> --disable-dependency-tracking.  However it would be better to
adl> find out why `gcc -c -o' doesn't work on your host.

I didn't see a response to this (on the automake list anyway).
Was some conclusion ever arrived at?  Why did the `-c -o' test fail?

Tom