Re: Extending automake syntax

From: Erik Walthinsen
Subject: Re: Extending automake syntax
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 14:10:35 -0800 (PST)

On 1 Jan 2002, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Is SpeciaLib GNU software?
> One of automake's goals is to interoperate well with GNU software.
SpeciaLib doesn't quite exist yet except as pieces pulled from other
projects of mine, mostly libcodec (see codecs.org for all this stuff
anyway).  I intend to make other libcodec-style libs (like libcolorspace,
etc.), and don't want to do the work over and over.  It will be GPL/LGPL,
but won't be "GNU software" in the strictest sense.

> It depends on demand, design, and patches.  Usually I try to work on
> addressing the problems reported by the most people (as subjectively
> interpreted by me :-).
<g>

      Erik Walthinsen <address@hidden> - System Administrator
        __