Re: autopack

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: autopack
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 01:41:10 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

> > Christophe,
> > How do you handle "BuildRequires:" field in spec file?
>
> For now, I don't !
>
> > I think some of essential informations should be provided
> > by AP_INIT_AUTOPACK. But it is not bad if we can provide
> > optional information by AP_INFO_* proposed by address@hidden
> >
> > AP_INFO_REQUIRE(autoconf-2.50)
> > AP_INFO_REQUIRE(emacs-21.1)
>
> Absolutely.

I think 8th argument(icon) for AP_INIT_AUTOPACK might be
also optional. I think The icon is not essential information.
How do you think adding

AP_INFO_ICON(icon-file)

and removing 8th arg from AP_INIT_AUTOPACK?

4th arg also should be reconsidered.

Masatake YAMATO
---
AP_INIT_AUTOPACK(An automake package generation module,
        0,
        GPL,
        Applications/Multimedia,
        Christophe Tronche <address@hidden>,
        http://gnu.org/automake/,
        [This is an extension to automake to let make build
        effortlessly (hopefully !) packages such as RPM, .deb, System
        V, etc... packages. To use this, put AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS =
        package-xxx in your Makefile.am])

The first parameter is a short (one-line) description of the package,
the 2nd ("0") is the package version,
the 3rd ("GPL") is the license type (some packagers require it, so
   give some thoughts and pick one)
the 4th ("Applications/Multimedia"), is basically where to put it in
   the menus (called the "group" in some snobbish way). Some packagers
   may not handle it, but some require it, so it's better to put one;
the 5th is your address, so that you can be congratulated... or flamed !
the 6th is an URL pointing to the project;
the 7th is a long description of the package;
the 8th (not present in the example) is the path to an icon file, that
   some packager can use.