Re: Installing header files

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Installing header files
Date: 16 Oct 2001 14:21:08 +0200

[Please keep this discussion public.]

Martin Frydl <address@hidden> writes:
 > Hello Alexandre,
 > thank you for the patch. Now it does not complain about unknown
 > variables, but another problem emerged. When installation is run, it
 > does not create the subdirectories for those header files. install is
 > then unable to copy files. When I create them manually, everything works
 > fine.

I don't know how to fix this easily.  May be someone else will
be able to provide a workaround using install-local/hook to
create these directories (I'm not familiar with these targets).

Otherwise, it's probably possible to avoid nobase_ in your Makefiles.
For instance, instead of

  nobase_include_HEADERS = dir1/file1.h dir2/file2.h

use something like

  include1dir = $(includedir)/dir1
  include2dir = $(includedir)/dir2
  include1_HEADERS = dir1/file1.h