Re: Problems with KDE cvs auto* scripts

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: Problems with KDE cvs auto* scripts
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:55:46 +0200

> Autoconf complains:
> ./aclocal.m4:2508: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
> acfunctions.m4:1108: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
> ./aclocal.m4:2508: the top level
>
> in aclocal.m4
> AC_DEFUN(AM_FUNC_OBSTACK,

This should be "AC_DEFUN([AM_FUNC_OBSTACK]," - autoconf itself includes
a version of this macro; so when it sees the original declaration, its
own definition is expanded there.
This suggests that either your automake is out of date (and I think p5
is new enough), or that the KDE setup stuff includes outdated macros.
The macro name in AC_DEFUNs should be quoted in any case.  Plus, IIRC
many of KDE's macros are broken in 2.5x due to their use of undocumented
(and unsupported) features of 2.13, so you might face a serious task
trying to make it work.