Re: XXX_CFLAGS

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: XXX_CFLAGS
Date: 13 Aug 2001 21:47:25 -0600

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

adl> Besides, if Automake was taught how to compute conflicting object
adl> filenames (to rename only those files).  It could also be
adl> improved to accept `a.c' and `a.cpp' in the same program (I
adl> believe it doesn't support this, does it?).

You're right, this isn't supported.

We could support it.  It never occurred to me that somebody might
really want to do this; in general people just don't do things like
that.

Automake already does some of this checking.  It tries not to let you
generate conflicting `.o' files.

Tom