Re: Supporting include in Makefiles

From: Dean Povey
Subject: Re: Supporting include in Makefiles
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:14:40 +1000

>Akim> I've read into more details your proposal, and it looks very good,
>Akim> much more robust than the current approach in Automake IIRC.
>
>How so?

The current approach just comments out the include directive if it is not
supported, which is fine for dependency tracking but not for doing a
general Makefile include mechanism.  The code I submitted will actually
emulate include if it is not available.  I didn't actually know about the
AM_ macro when I wrote this code though.

Cheers.
--
Dean Povey,         | e-m: address@hidden | JCSI: Java Crypto Toolkit
Research Scientist  | ph:  +61 7 3864 5120   | uPKI: C PKI toolkit for embedded