Deleting Makefile.in in maintainer-clean

From: Reinhard Müller
Subject: Deleting Makefile.in in maintainer-clean
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:12:17 +0200

I am just reading the GNU coding standards (chapter 7.2.5 - Standard
Make Targets) and I see that it's recommended that maintainer-clean
should not delete files that are necessary to run configure.

Makefile.in's are necessary to successfully run configure, as well as
most of the other files i mentioned in my previous mail.

So I actually come to the conclusion that automake behaves correctly.

Thanks again,
--
Reinhard Müller
BYTEWISE Software GmbH