Re: Automake::Struct II

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Automake::Struct II
Date: 09 May 2001 08:45:28 +0200

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Yep, I did not unroll the whole thinking, but indeed, another
Akim> means to reach the expected effect consists in using -I and tell
Akim> automake not to play with @INC, i.e., since we want to _tell_
Akim> automake not to (as opposed to let it guess), we need a variable
Akim> (%ENV or -e), so we end up with two entities instead of one.

Tom> I still don't understand.  I think we can get rid of perllibdir
Tom> and change the `unshift' to `push'.  Won't things work correctly
Tom> then?  In this case we change the test suite to use `-I'.

I don't feel comfortable with not pushing our modules first in the
list.  I sure know there is Automake:: in front of them, but it just
makes me nervous.