Re: Automake: use of modified Perl modules & GPL

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Automake: use of modified Perl modules & GPL
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:14:01 -0600 (MDT)

    Well, for grins  I looked to see how you license your modules. Your
    license/copyright statement is in the README, not the POD so after the
    module is installed, the license statement disappears [ unless the user
    keeps the source dir around ]. The user, in the future will either need to
    find the source dist for that version again or email the author to clarify
    the license terms. I don't see how this is different than not stating your
    license explicitly in the POD.

This is indeed a problem.  The license statement should be in the
source files, so it can't get separated from them.  Russ, how about if
you fix this, as a way to set a good example for everyone else?