RE: problem with conditionals and \ separator in SOURCES

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: problem with conditionals and \ separator in SOURCES
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:45:30 +0200

> You're right: line endings are to blame... the funny thing is that I got
> the sources from a Linux CVS server, and the uncorrect line endings seem
> to have been added during the dowloading... (actually I used WinCVS, so
> this is quite likely).

If you're using WinCVS and working with Unix/Linux-based repositories, I'd
recommend checking the 'Use Unix line endings (0xa)' option in the
preferences; this preserves Unix-style text on the client side.  Make sure
you're not using a DOSsy editor that converts them back to CRLF or inserts
CRLF on edited lines though.  You'll also have to do a nex checkout, as
enabling this option also uses binary mode for CVS' administrative files.

If you're using the command-line cvs that comes with WinCVS, use its --lf
option (I have it set in my .cvsrc for convenience).

> I didn't understand this last point: what should I check? What is cvs
> automake?
The current development version of Automake (which is available through
CVS).